December Is Safe Toys And Gifts Awareness Month- Plan Your Promotions
December is the time of the year when the bright red and green Christmas decorations come out into the open and the images of Santa deck up malls, homes and shopping centers. Holiday season fun and activities at its peak, the month of December is also Safe Toys And Gifts Awareness Month. So if you are a planning a promotional campaign for kids brands or products, it will be the time to choose gifts that appeal to them but also move on to the next person, get talked about and make delightful conversation topics.
Holiday shopping could be a hectic and often chaotic task for families as people strive to find the right gift. In this melee, often most people overlook the safety aspects of the toys.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) estimates that every year children suffer injuries sometimes , grievously caused by unsafe toys ( in 2012, 260,000 Children were injured in Toy-Related Accidents). Nearly half of the accidents affected facial or eye injuries, which prompted the organization of Prevent Blindness America to declare December as Safe Toys and Gifts Awareness Month.
Here are some of the tips that will help marketers and parents to shop for safe toys during Christmas season.
- Choose toys that are appropriate for the child’s age and developmental level.
- Toys with small detachable parts are not suited for children. Battery operated toys could pose choking hazards and can be toxic. For kids under the age of 3 any piece that can pass through a toilet paper roll is considered unsafe.
- Pick up durable toys without any shaped edges.
- Make sure that the toys you buy meet the American Society for Testing and Materials standards.
- Gift givers should keep an eye on the list of recalled toys and try to avoid those items
- Whether you are a marketer shopping for your little patrons or looking for Christmas party favors, think about these safety tips before buying toy gifts.
- For preschool kids in the age group of 3-5 gifts items like coloring books or beach balls will make good choices
- For kids in the age group of 5-8 yo yos, bubbles and water coloring books are some of the options
- For kids aged 8-13 jump ropes, water guns or puzzles can be considered
- Being holiday season, you can also shop for Christmas themed toys for kids, which they will surely love. Some of the ideas include light up reindeer noses, flying Santa, Christmas coloring books and more.
Browse our delightful selection of promotional gifts for kids at Promo4kids, which are kids friendly and in compliance with the US safety regulations. Customized kids promotional gifts are great for not just holiday season but all round the year. To know more about any of these custom printed giveaways for kids, call us and leave the rest to us.